Wednesday 29 January 2014

Gov Rotimi Amaechi – I Fasted 10 Months To Become Rivers State Governor

Governor Rotimi Amaechi of Rivers State
while at the Redeemed Christian Church
of God, RCCG, in Igwuruta, Ikwerre Local
Government Area of the state, revealed
that he fasted for 10 months, 6 a.m. to
6p.m., to become governor of the state.
He said:
“I will evangelise. I know most
people will be surprised because I
am not a pastor. So, in this case, I
am part of the evangelism. One of
the ways I have evangelised is to
repeatedly tell people my past
experience of God’s intervention,
when I fasted for 10 months,
6am-6pm, praying to God to come
down.
That was how I became governor. I
went to court. Instead of the court
to say, Amaechi go and contest
election, the court said Amaechi go
and be the governor of Rivers State.
And because I make public my
experience, a lot of people now
believe that if they focus on God,
God will hear their prayers. So, I am
also evangelising by testifying to the
public about the glory of God in my
life.
We have employed more teachers.
We are doing bio-metric registration
exercise and that is why we are
going to pay them next month. We
shall pay them by installments until
the arrears are cleared. I will
continue to serve the poor, I will
not compromise on service
delivery.
What I want you (Christians) to do
is to pray for all of us as a state so
that we can come out of the crisis
plaguing the peace of the state.
Please, also pray for those who
have not received Christ to repent
and change from their evil ways.”

No comments: