Saturday 1 March 2014

Popular Ghanian Comedian, Musah Iddrisu Caught With Cocaine At Enugu Airport In Nigeria

Operatives of the National Drug Law
Enforcement Agency, NDLEA, yesterday
arrested two foreigners for drug
trafficking at the Akanu Ibiam
International Airport, AIIA, Enugu.
The suspects, a 54-year-old Ghanaian
comedian, Musah Iddrisu aka Charles
Udunehi and a citizen of Congo
Democratic Republic, Inana Cedrick were
apprehended at the airport during inward
and outward screening of Ethiopian
airline passengers.
The Ghanaian, Iddrisu, was said to have
bought 450 grammes of cocaine for US
$19,000 which he ingested on his way to
Thailand while Cedrick, a student, was
caught with 1.500 kilogrammes of heroin.
Speaking on the arrest, NDLEA
Commander at the Enugu airport, Mr.
Nsikak-Abasi Udoh, said Inana Cedrick
was caught with 1.500 kilogrammes of
heroin while Musah Iddrisu was found to
have ingested 450 grammes of cocaine.
Udoh added that a Nigerian, Mr. John Obi
Nwadilichukwu, was also apprehended by
officials of the anti-narcotic agency.
He said: “The Ghanaian comedian
ingested 450 grammes of cocaine on his
way to Thailand while the student from
Congo DRC imported 1.500kg of heroin
into the country. We have also
apprehended a Nigerian by name John
Obi Nwadilichukwu, who was to receive
the student, collect the drug and pay him
for smuggling it.”
Meanwhile, Chairman of NDLEA, Ahmadu
Giade, has said adequate security efforts
had been made to apprehend drug
traffickers at the Enugu International
Airport.
He said: “We have already deployed our
officials to the Enugu airport before it
commenced international flights.
Adequate security measures have been
put in place to apprehend drug traffickers
at the airport.”
According to him, all the suspects have
made confessional statements and would
soon be charged to court.
I am from a poor home — Nabbed
student
The student, Inana, said that he was given
the drug by a Nigerian woman at Nairobi
to deliver to her husband in Enugu,
noting that he wanted to use the money
that he would be paid in buying beads
which he would sell in Tanzania.
He said: “I was given the drug in Nairobi
by a Nigerian woman who told me to give
it to her husband, John Obi
Nwadilichukwu, who resides in Enugu. I
wanted to use the money they promised
to pay me in buying beads for sale in
Tanzania. I am a secondary school
student from a poor home.”
I was broke— Ghanaian comedian
Also, the Ghanaian comedian, Musah
Iddrisu, said he wanted to sell the drugs
in Thailand, adding that he went into
drug trafficking because he was broke.
According to him, “I am a Ghanaian and a
comedian by profession. I got involved in
drug trafficking because of my financial
predicament. I bought the drugs in
Ghana, ingested it and came to Enugu
airport. As a new airport, I felt the
security will not be like other airports but
I was caught. I regret my action.”

No comments: