Monday 10 March 2014

Husband Gruesomely Murders Pregnant Wife 11 Days After Their Wedding (PHOTO)

The Oyo State Police Command is
currently battling to unravel the motive
behind the murder of a 21-year-old
pregnant woman, Mrs Busola Afolabi-
Haruna, 11 days after her wedding
ceremony.
Late Busola had her Nikkah ceremony on
Saturday, February 15, a day after
Valentine’s Day, in Ibadan, but had her
life and that of her unborn baby cut short
with hot lead pumped into her skull from
the gun of unknown hoodlums on
Wednesday, February 26.
The bullet reportedly penetrated the skull
and left a gaping hole at the nape of her
neck, with her brain tissues spattering all
over the car seat she occupied.
New investigation reveal that her
husband is kinda responsible for her
death.
Saturday Tribune learnt that Busola’s
husband, Mr Yemi Haruna, told
policemen at Oluyole Division, Ibadan,
that at about 10.30p.m, he drove his car
towards their home at Elebu area of
Ibadan, with his wife occupying the front
passenger seat. As he stepped out to
open his residence’s gate in order to
drive in, according to him, three armed
men appeared from the dark and
struggled to get his car key from him.
Haruna told the police that he quickly
made for the car and instructed his wife
to lock her side of the door, but before
he could reach the car, one of the armed
robbers aimed at his wife and shot her.
However, the parents and siblings of the
deceased are crying foul, saying that
Busola was murdered for reasons best
known to the perpetrator(s).
According to Mrs Tosin Afolabi, elder
sister of the deceased, “my sister met her
husband, Yemi Haruna, in 2013 and their
relationship did not last more than three
months when she got pregnant. She
celebrated her 21st birthday in his house
on July 4, 2013, after which she informed
my mother that she was pregnant. Her
husband, Yemi, was invited by my mother
and she asked him of the kind of job he
was doing. He replied that he was into
petroleum business.
“He also told her that he had never been
married but we later learnt that he had a
wife who bore him a child but had packed
out of his house. Mummy called him
again to ask if it was true and he replied
in the affirmative, saying that the
relationship was not approved by her
family because the lady was a Christian.
“The wedding ceremony between Yemi
and my sister took place on Saturday,
February 15, but on Monday, February 24,
we got information that he was not into
petroleum business as he claimed. I asked
my sister and she became worried as she
said it was a confirmation of what her
sister-in-law told her on her wedding
day.
“At 10.46p.m. on Wednesday, February 26,
her husband flashed my number. I
thought my sister was in labour and he
didn’t have enough airtime to call me, so
I called him back. He said when he got to
the gate of his residence, he saw three
young men emerge with gun. Yemi added
that he instructed my sister to wind up
the glass on her side and lock the door of
the car. He said they shot my sister.
“I asked him where my sister was but he
cut off the line. I called him back
repeatedly but he didn’t pick my call until
the third time. I repeated my question
and he replied that he didn’t know the
hospital because it was neighbours who
took her to the hospital. He told me he
was at police station to obtain report and
he cut the line.
“I called him again and he said he was
told that my sister was taken to Lad
Hospital. Since the hospital is about five
buildings away from my residence, I went
there. The security officer there told me
that she was dead and her body had
been taken away. I screamed and pointed
at the husband’s car parked within the
premises, but they said he went away
with the police.
“I left for my father’s place and we all
returned to the hospital but were not
allowed in. We started calling Yemi again
but he did not pick our calls. My mother
called Yemi’s mother to help us call him
so that we would know Busola’s
condition. Yemi later picked my father’s
call at about 2:00a.m. and said he was at
the police station and would get back to
us when he was through.
When we didn’t hear from him, we
started calling him, but again, he didn’t
pick the calls. We gave his number to my
elder brother and he called Yemi at about
3:00a.m. Since Yemi was not familiar with
his number, he picked the call for two
seconds and all my brother said he heard
was a ringing laughter at the background
before he cut the line.
“At about 6.30a.m., on Thursday, he
picked our call and when we asked why
he did not answer our previous calls, he
said he forgot his phones in a car. We
told him to show up at the hospital
because the hospital staff said they would
not release the corpse without the
presence of the person who brought it.
He told us he was still at the police
station.
“Till my sister was taken from Lad
Hospital to Teju Hospital, Ring Road, to
remove the foetus inside her, Yemi did
not show up. My mother and I decided to
meet him at the police station and we
were shocked when we saw how they
brought a table before him to eat. In
annoyance, I berated him for having the
appetite to eat while my sister was yet to
be buried.
“When we closely observed the corpse of
my sister, we noticed that the bullets tore
through the back of her head, believing
that she was shot in the mouth. We saw
the empty cartridge shell in Yemi’s car
and part of Busola’s brain tissues on the
seat where she sat.
“We also noticed her dress was torn but
the police claimed they were the ones
who tore the dress when they wanted to
examine her. Yemi did not follow us to
Teju Hospital where his wife was operated
to remove the foetus before burial.”
The father of the deceased, Alhaji
Tajudeen Afolabi, also appealed to Oyo
State Police Command to help him
unravel the mystery behind his daughter’s
death. He added that he believed his
daughter was murdered.
“Where I am confused is this: Busola and
her husband came together in the car
driven by him. He went to open the gate
to go in when the armed robbers
emerged as he claimed. He that drove the
car and was at the gate was not shot; it
was my daughter who sat in the car that
was shot at close range. The car was not
taken away; no item was picked from the
car. That is why I am insisting that my
daughter was not killed by armed
robbers; she was murdered.”
When contacted, the Police Public
Relations Officer, Olabisi Okuwobi-
Ilobanafor, a Deputy Superintendent of
Police, said the command was aware of
the case, adding that the Deputy
Commissioner of Police, Mr Clement
Adoda, had instructed that all the
allegations raised be investigated.

No comments: