Saturday 1 March 2014

"I Made 50 Millon Naira From MTN Caller-Back Tunes, I Now Charge N1m To Write A Song" - Harrysong

In a recent interview with Punch,
Harrysong, aka Mr Songz, who is signed
to Kcee's Fivestar music and wrote Kcee's
Limpopo said these days he charges as
much as 1 million naira to write a song
and also revealed that he made over 50M
from MTN caller-back tunes for his
"Mandela song"
“Before now we (songwriters) charged
between N100, 000 and N200,000 for a
song. Today I charge as much as 1-million
to write a song. Truth is, Nigerian artistes
have begun to appreciate songwriters.
They pay me my money and appreciate
me. I have written a lot of songs but I
don’t talk about them because Nigerian
artistes don’t like it when the songwriters
take credit for composing songs for
them.”
“The proceeds from the caller-back tune
is actually worth more than N50m. Truth
is, I was paid a lot of money; you know -
when they say money that can change
someone’s life. That’s the value of what I
received .
“I can’t reveal the exact amount because
we work as a team. So, all the money
realised is shared among us. You just
want to forget all the years of suffering.
It’s not a mere hype because the money is
there. The song is everywhere. You go to
South-Africa , the girls are crazy about it.”

No comments: