Sunday 2 February 2014

Photo: Chinese Detained For Brutalising Employee In Ogun

The State Criminal Investigation
Department, Eleweran, Ogun State, has
detained two Chinese nationals, Mike
Jackson and Tony Jackson, for allegedly
brutalising Adeleke Owolabi, an employee
of their company, Jivan Plastic Company.
PUNCH Metro had reported on Thursday
that Owolabi, a graduate of Mass
Communications from Olabisi Onabanjo
University, was beaten black and blue by
the suspects on his first day at work after
a disagreement with Mike.
Owolabi had said the police refused to
arrest the Chinese men due to their status
as foreigners.
However, it was learnt that after PUNCH
Metro’s publication, the police
immediately stormed the PVC
manufacturing company in Sagamu and
whisked the suspects away. It was learnt
that the suspects apologised to Owolabi,
who was also at the SCID to write a
statement.
Owolabi said, “Yes, the Chinese men have
been detained at the SCID and I am
satisfied with the action of the police so
far. I am happy that the media are helping
to ensure that the matter is not swept
under the carpet. “I am not after money
but I just don’t want a situation whereby
Nigerians are treated badly by foreigners
in their own land.”
It was learnt that the suspects would
remain in police custody until the
completion of investigation. Owolabi had
said, “I was bringing out PVC materials
out of a bag and Mike said I was not
handling the materials properly. He kicked
me and slapped me repeatedly so I held
unto his shirt to prevent him from
beating me further.
“However, his cousin, Tony, smashed a
bottle on my head and they beat me until
I fainted and woke up on the way to
Makun Police Division covered in blood.”
Police Public Relations Officer, Muyiwa
Adejobi, who confirmed the arrest of the
Chinese men, promised that justice would
prevail. “The matter is at the SCID and we
are compiling the case files. We want to
assure members of the public that justice
will prevail,” he said.
Source: Punch

No comments: